Fusion celebrates sustained commitment and dedication from employees
Fusion Group Limited, pioneers in polyethylene pipe jointing, celebrate sustained commitment and dedication from employees. Neil Green, Group Managing Director explains, “Fusion’s employees are our greatest asset, which is why, every year we celebrate their commitment with a long-service lunch and presentation”. 10-09-2019
In 2019 Fusion had an astounding 17 employees receiving their long service award certificates, employees also received vouchers for the Fusion Employee Rewards Scheme.
Within the Fusion Group, long service is recognised following 20 years continuous service and every five years thereafter, this year Fusion employees clocked-up an impressive 435 years of service between them.
Overall to date Fusion have 47 employees who have been employed for 20 years or more, that’s a grand total of 1,254 years’ service.
This year’s congratulations goes to:
- Martin Holmes – Fusamatic – Moulding Machine Operative
- Martin Froggatt – Fusamatic – Multi Role Operative
- Mark Smedley – Fusamatic – Quality Technician
- Roger White – Test Laboratory – Test Laboratory Technician
- Steven Trowman – Fusamatic – Moulding Machine Operative
- Carol Brecker – Fusamatic – Process Improvement Engineer
- Philip Dodd – Fusamatic – Moulding Machine Operative
- David Bannister – Fusamatic – Shift Production Supervisor
- Stuart Brailsford – Fusamatic – Quality Technician
- Jackie Clarke – Fusamatic – Tool Setting and Configuration Engineer
- Kevin Strong – Fusamatic – Moulding Machine Operative
- Paul Else – Group Director
- Gary Payne – GDC – Multi Role Operative
- Neil Allman – ACE Plastics – QA and Operations Manager
- Carl Barker – GH Fusion – Plant Manager
- Ian Watkinson – Fusamatic – Toolsetter
- John Smylie – Compliance – Site Labourer
Neil Green, Group Managing Director, said;
‘A key factor for our success is our employees and the commitment they show to the business. We like to show our appreciation by holding a yearly long service lunch and rewarding our employees for their hard work and dedication. I am proud that we have such an amazing team supporting Fusion and I would like to thank them all for their loyalty over the years’
Meet John Smylie
John (pictured) is Fusion’s longest serving employee, commencing employment with the company in 1983, John reaches an impressive 36 years in November this year.
‘I joined Fusion in 1983, originally working for Allam Generators (part of Fusion Group at the time) then Fusion Equipment, based at Callywhite Lane in Dronfield.
In 1987, I transferred to Fusion Plastics at Carwood Road, Sheepbridge, Chesterfield which later became Fusamatic Division when it moved to its current site, working as a machine operator / inspector on various shifts including 30 years of night shifts.
In July 2018 I fancied a change of direction, so took on the new challenge of site labourer which is varied and rewarding.
I am both grateful and proud to be part of Fusion’s continuing success’.